Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Watch Over My Best Friend While We Are Apart

Do you suppose that Rose, {who always possessed a very curious black nose}, has by now happily explored every single rainbow, every single bridge, {see what I just did here…. Rainbow Bridge?}, every single woodland area, every single mountain, every single valley, every single waterfall, every single lake, every single river, every single stream, every single creek, every single field, every single park, every single beach, and every single ocean at The Rainbow Bridge as my first dog, Shadow, has watched Rose closely, {and run freely beside her}, to make sure that Rose does not escape from The Rainbow Bridge? I think so…. For some reason, the thought of Rose now spending literally every single second with Shadow brings my grieving broken heart comfort. I cannot explain why. This was the first of many poems that I composed after Rose died. Yes, yes…. I’ve become a prolific poet as I Shelter In Place. Apparently, I grieve through writing. Not surprising, but who knew? Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Edited by Kara Kent!!

‘Watch over my best friend while we are apart’;
That’s Shadow’s huge mission now that you live in my heart;
She will be your new Mama, your companion;
See that you don’t escape The Rainbow Bridge, and stay in;
Shadow will provide your ‘human’ food, your treats;
Ah, you always loved cheddar cheese, so bon appétit;
Shadow will now serve as your new caregiver;
And be a canine guardian angel forever;
Rose, you will feel so loved you’ll never miss me;
Your now-healed hind legs are both running free!!
‘Watch over my best friend while we are apart’;
That’s Shadow’s big mission now that you live in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Peace and love to you,

    Nuk & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuk & family....
    Thanks for the comment!!
    'Peace and love to you'. Thanks!! I think that what this world needs now is Peace and Love.... :)
    --Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete