Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Heavens Cried

 Writing. That is how I grieve. Whether it be as a poet, or even as an ‘author’ makes absolutely no difference none whatsoever. I grieve through writing. I express my complex thoughts, feelings, and emotions in poems, or even in fictional stories. Writing. That is how I heal from loss, as well. It’s the very best form of therapy for me, as I ‘talk’ out complicated thoughts, feelings, and emotions to myself. Nothing, {not a psychiatrist, or a psychologist}, can compare to this form of therapy. Nothing. I am eternally grateful for my God-given ability, talent, and gift of writing!! I absolutely love the way it is serving me well right now!! Someday, I will look back on these ‘Love Poems’ to Rose, {most of which were composed by my broken heart, my bleeding soul after she was euthanized}, and, not only will I eternally remember Rose, but I’ll also remember my grief. I grieve through writing. I heal through writing. And, you know what they say…. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Edited by Kara Kent!!

--Part Three--

On my necklace, ‘REMEMBER’ is engraved;

Through grief’s journeys, it’s helped me to be brave;

My Rose, I will remember June fifteenth;

It’s a special date, you know what I mean?

I will remember how the Heavens cried;

‘Cause it rained on that sad day when you died;

I will remember this felt dramatic;

Just like the movies with its theatrics;

I will remember rain as a symbol;

For my broken heart, my bleeding soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment