Sunday, July 4, 2021

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Happy Independence Day!! Peace and Love, y’all, Mary Lou

They say: ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’;

I write, so I find this phrase kind of absurd;

Ah, but do you remember your last hike?

We strolled amongst other dog walkers alike;

I went at your pace, ‘cause you were old;

Yes…. You limped, sniffed everything, and waddled;

It was on July 4th, 2019;

Rose, the mountains looked beautiful and serene!!

Like always, I wore patriotic clothes;

From my head, Babe, all the way down to my toes;

It was an easy, miles-long hike uphill;

Yet, I underestimated your skills;

No, I didn’t think you’d make it to the top;

But, your will, Baby, I so could not stop;

You were like ‘The Little Engine That Could’;

And, oh yes, your unsteady legs withstood;

Because, wow, we absolutely reached the top!!

It was lovely, there were no raindrops;

They say: ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’;

So I have been told, and many times I’ve heard;

But…. I have a picture from your last hike;

When fireworks boomed in sounds that seemed bomb-like;

They say: ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’….


No comments:

Post a Comment