Tuesday, December 4, 2018

“Mary’s Poem”

Confession number one…. I have been shamelessly listening to Christmas music since before Halloween!! Why? Because Elvis Presley made me do it and I never argue with The King!! I was also battling a head cold during that time…. And Elvis soothes my soul!! Confession number two…. I have been shamelessly hip swaying/dancing/cutting loose to Bob Dylan’s album, Christmas In The Heart, every single Monday, Wednesday, and Friday since November 2nd!! I sing those songs with him…. Our voices are one…. I call it ‘Bob Dylan Christmas karaoke’!! Confession number three…. I shamelessly filled my little bedroom from top to bottom with Christmas decorations the week before Thanksgiving!! Do not judge…. Because, what Elvis once sang is so true…. ‘Oh why can’t everyday be like Christmas; Why can’t that feeling go on endlessly; For if everyday could be just like Christmas; What a wonderful world this would be….’ Peace out, Mary Lou
P.S. For those who do not celebrate Christmas, happy Hanukah, happy Winter Solstice, and happy Kwanzaa!!

Note…. During a conversation that I had with my fifteen year old cousin on Thanksgiving, I told him how I’ve frequently disappeared from ‘Minuscule is good!’ throughout 2018. ‘Just call me Houdini!!’ I exclaimed. ‘{I am} the elusive Mary Lou!!’ I announced. To which he laughed. ‘Yeah, I’ve gotten really good at the whole disappearing thing, I admitted. Then, my genius cousin made a brilliant suggestion…. What if I post multiple fictional stories on ‘Minuscule is good!’ to make up for lost time? Huh. That is not a bad idea…. Well, it’s the Christmas season, {which is my most very favorite time of year}, so I thought I’d post a weekly Christmas poem {which I composed}, all month until December 25th, 2018!! These poems kind of suck {in my opinion}, but I wrote them from the depths of my heart and soul…. This is going to be fun!!

“Mary’s Poem”

Written by Me…. Edited by Kara Kent!!

Lord, I lift up my Baby Boy;
He’s going to carry burdens of society’s employs;
What’s expected, an angel did tell;
He’ll be referred to as the Son of God, I know full well;
Prepare Him mentally for such a great Calling;
Equip this Child with all things needed in saving man from falling;
May He own courage, integrity, boldness;
Above mortal kings and leaders, His Throne will exceed the Highest;
Although I can’t comprehend, or predict the Future of my Boy;
Serving as our Lord’s mother, I’ll find incredible joy;
Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that You have favor in me;
You’re my Sovereign Savior, You are Holy;
Our sacred event was long ago a part of Your Plans;
I dedicate this Sleeping Infant to You; He’s in Your Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment