Wednesday, July 31, 2024

National Mutt Day

Is there anybody ALIVE out there?! -- Bruce Springsteen

I dedicate this poem to my mutts, {dead and alive}, Shadow Sunshine, Rose Elizabeth, Essie Everglades Patience, and Charlie Lone-Star. Happy National Mutt Day, y'all!! Mary Lou


‘National Mutt Day’


Written by Mary Lou


I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course my dogs have always been mixed breeds;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course mongrels are all that my heart needs;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course my favorite Disney dog is Tramp;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I am in the rescued strays camp;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I love National Mixed Breed Day;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course most mixed breeds in shelters are strays;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I think doodles/poos are mixed breeds;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I do, because they are indeed;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have six mixed breed reference books;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I love how unique mixed breeds look;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have one kid’s book about Zak; *

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I love Mystery Dogs like Zak;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have plush mixed breeds in my room;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I’ll get more, I presume;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have mixed breed dog magnets;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I’ll get more, I know it;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course you do not need a pedigree;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course mixed breed dogs can still be buddies;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I, {heart}, my mutts, {dead and alive};

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course sans mixed breeds I could not survive;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have decorative mixed breed signs;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I’ll get more, from Online;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course rescued, {mutt}, is my favorite breed;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course with rescued adults I succeed;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course, {I}, love the mutt, {I’m}, with, I do;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course mixed breeds are my Life, it is true;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I have one Mutt Mom baseball hat;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course I do identify as that;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course German Shepherd mixes are sweet;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course your purebred dog can’t compete;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course with mixed breed dogs I am obsessed;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course mixed breed dogs are better, the best;

I’m a Mutt Mom…. Of course mixed breeds are All-American.


*Zak: The One-of-a-Kind Dog by Jane Lidz

No comments:

Post a Comment