Monday, December 24, 2018

“Sweet Tooth”

After seeing an Elf on the Shelf at a local antique shop last year {and wanting him, but talking myself out of it}, I caved, and I bought an Elf on the Shelf this Christmas!! His name is Sweet Tooth {although my youngest brother, Michael—who has Down syndrome—refers to him as Elvis, because that was what I originally planned to call him}!! Why did I name my Elf on the Shelf Sweet Tooth? Because, let's face it…. Nearly everybody possesses a cosmic sweet tooth during Christmastime!! Cookies!! Candy!! The chocolate molds in an advent calendar!! Also, I had just watched Elf before ‘adopting’ Sweet Tooth {well…. I have not registered my elf Online}, and Buddy possessed a cosmic sweet tooth!! ‘Is there sugar in syrup? I love sugar!’…. Sweet Tooth is, like, the most adorable ‘little person’ with his impish smile, his watchful cheery blue eyes, and his rosy cheeks!! He actually has an incredibly huge personality for a little guy!! Happy Christmas Eve!! Peace out, Mary Lou
PS. For those who do not celebrate Christmas, happy Hanukah, happy Winter Solstice, and happy Kwanzaa!!

“Sweet Tooth”

Written by Mary Lou…. Edited by Kara Kent!!

I tell Santa Claus who’s naughty or nice;
But I have one bad, yet important, vice;
I love sugar, that is so not an act;
I stole your almond bark, it’s a fact;
Don’t let my cheery blue eyes fool you;
I licked your candy cane, it is true;
Don’t let my impish smile fool you;
I love chocolate crinkle cookies, I do;
No, don’t let my rosy cheeks fool you;
Yes, I have an addiction through and through;
I love all Christmas cookies, that’s the truth;
For I’m an elf, and my name is Sweet Tooth!!
I am here to spread some Christmas Spirit;
I ate the advent calendar’s chocolates;
Ah, I love fudge, peppermint bark, toffee….
Rich steaming hot chocolate is my coffee;
Cookies, sugar, candy, what do I care;
Give me peanut clusters, I’ll be there;
Molasses cookies, molasses cookies;
Give me, give me, give me, give me, give me;
I know that ‘Christmas calories don’t count’;
So, I’ll stay slim, my pounds will not mount;
I love all Christmas candy, that’s the truth;
For I’m an elf, and my name is Sweet Tooth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment