Tuesday, December 18, 2018

“Nativity Poem”

Alright, now it is time for me to get a little bit personal. I have felt very lost as an artist this year. Not creatively…. Because, to quote Bob Dylan from his song, ‘Maggie’s Farm’, ‘I’ve got a head full of ideas that are drivin’ me insane’!! That is ‘my’ line {which describes me absolutely perfectly as an artist}, a song lyric that was written and recorded before my time!! I haven’t felt very lost because I do not know who I am as an artist…. Although I’ve been there, done that. Yes, I have travelled that potholed road before. I do indeed know who I am…. I’m a writer, an artist who ‘paints pictures’ with words!! That is my calling!! However. I have not quite been bold enough to exercise my ‘voice’ on this little Blog which doesn’t ever get any comments. Why? Because, all I have wanted to do throughout 2018 is create new fictional stories. For me…. Not for my Blogging Friends, Readers, and Followers. That is only one reason which explains why I have disappeared from ‘Minuscule is good!’ so frequently this year. But, 2019 is literally two weeks away, and I have some promises to keep with myself, God has plans for me…. Peace out, Mary Lou
P.S. For those who do not celebrate Christmas, happy Hanukah, happy Winter Solstice, and happy Kwanzaa!!

Note…. This poem was never titled. Is that because I could not come up with a name for it? Was I feeling artistic, so I intentionally didn’t title this poem? To this day, I haven’t a clue!! This is most likely my most posted poem, so longtime Blogging Friends, Readers, and Followers have already probably read it….

Written by Me!!

An angel came to Mary;
Said you’re having a Baby!
And she was shocked by his news;
But God’s found favor in you.
Joseph had lots of doubts;
Now their plans won’t work out;
Then an angel came in his sleep;
This wonderful wife you should keep!
Soon they had to move away;
Since the couple couldn’t stay;
They left their old town;
For Bethlehem renown.
Suddenly, a feeling;
Our Baby is coming;
But every room was full;
Except for this stable!
Some poor shepherds watched sheep nearby;
When an angel flew from the skies;
While scaring them badly;
He told of the Baby!
And a host came, announcing;
Glory to God, Newborn King!!




No comments:

Post a Comment