Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Princess Rose Elizabeth

‘Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts’. Every morning, {when I awake}, and every night, {before I go to bed}, I trace my hand on Rose’s clay paw print that our veterinary clinic created after Baby Girl was euthanized. And every morning, {very early}, I step outside, where I trace my hand on Rose’s, {and Shadow’s}, cement paw print stepping stone in our backyard that Mom and I created at home several years ago. How is it even possible that I now have TWO Beautifully Unique mutts running free side-by-side at The Rainbow Bridge? ‘Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts’. And, {apparently, because I have several pictures of them}, I absolutely loved Rose’s paws. This morning, as I was visiting Rose’s, {and Shadow’s}, cement paw print stepping stones, I could hear birds singing. And I wondered: Do people’s pet birds who have flown toward The Rainbow Bridge sing lovely melodious songs there every single morning? This is the second poem that I composed after Rose died. It’s Part One of Four, plus, {because I can}, there is also a Bonus poem. Peace and Love, Mary Lou

One month. That is how long it has been since Rose was euthanized. Thirty days. Time has passed by that simultaneously feels like it happened twenty-four hours ago, and yet, also several years ago. I miss Rose. I would give anything just to stroke her velvet-soft fur one more time…. 
  
2020. I officially declare this a year of Life and Death for my little, {yet ever-growing}, family. My sister-in-law’s Mom lost her short battle with cancer in March. Rose was euthanized on June 15th. Death…. And, very recently, I was blessed with another baby niece whose alias is ‘Ruby’!! Life…. Now, I have nieces ‘Amethyst’, ‘Opal’, nephew ‘Capricorn’, and, of course, ‘Ruby’!!

Edited by Kara Kent!!

--Part One--

I softly said: ‘Princess Rose Elizabeth….’
While you inhaled your final breath;
Those were my last spoken words, obviously;
Then, you looked so serene and ‘slept’ peacefully;
After I said: ‘Princess Rose Elizabeth….’
Doctor spoke: ‘She’s gone’, to announce your death;
And then, I softly said: ‘I love my hound dog….’
Rose…. My heart is broken, my head in a fog;
I softly said: ‘Princess Rose Elizabeth….’

No comments:

Post a Comment