Wednesday, July 22, 2020

This Heart Broke, This Soul Bled

‘You cry on the inside.’ That is exactly what my Grandma, {who is in Heaven}, once told me. I think this was one of the best things that Grandma, {my Dad’s Mom}, ever said to me. She was absolutely right. I do cry on the inside. See…. I am not a physical crier. I have known this throughout most of my Life. And yet, I am an emotional being. I’m introspective. I feel way too much. I can grieve hard. My heart breaks, and my soul bleeds, but an onlooker will never know it, because, {like Grandma said}, I cry on the inside. Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Edited by Kara Kent!!

--Part Two--

I softly said: ‘It comforts you….’ And, I, I did not cry;
As I massaged your throat while you were euthanized;
Rose…. I’d been grieving your death for one long year;
I have already cried, I have already shed tears;
I softly said: ‘It comforts you….’ I did not want to cry;
So, my emotions, feelings, and thoughts were in disguise;
‘Cause you absolutely hated it whenever I wept;
So, I suppose to myself every emotion I kept?
Although this heart broke, this soul bled, on that day when you died;
I softly said: ‘It comforts you….’ And I wish I had cried….

No comments:

Post a Comment