Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Running Free

An escape artist. Those three words would describe Rose. Because she was, like, seventy-five percent Beagle, {based on my guess}, she was, like, twenty-five percent German Shepherd, {again, based on my guess}, and definitely one-hundred percent hound dog, yes, Rose could be an escape artist!! Our backyard has secure fences all around it…. If the front door was wide open, Rose would be safe in a room…. During extended family gatherings at our house such as Thanksgiving, {or Easter}, Rose’s collar would even be connected to Shadow’s ‘hand-me-down’ red leash, and my wrist. I continuously watched her like a hawk!! As resulted? Rose only had a few escape attempts, {I can literally count them on one hand}, all of which were unsuccessful disappearances!! This morning, I was visiting Rose’s, {and Shadow’s}, paw print stepping stones. I wondered: What if my first dog, Shadow, was always protecting Rose from escaping, {and running away}, from our house, from our backyard, from our family? What if Shadow was always watching over Rose? Peace and Love, Mary Lou

Edited by Kara Kent!!

--Part Three--

I softly said: ‘These legs are running free now….’
As I touched your right hind limb, this was my vow;
At that moment, I painted a lovely picture;
As I sat, and stroked your dead body’s soft fur;
Rose…. I softly said: ‘You’re finally running free….’
Those legs are moving with great velocity!!
Those long legs and those paws that I very much loved;
They are as free as a bird in the skies above!!
I softly said: ‘These legs are running free now….’

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete